This is the ultimate beach tent for baby uv protection guide!
We have given you best insight and buying tips to enable you settle for great value beach tent to keep your kids safe from beach perils and protect them from the scorching sun…
Table of Contents
- 1 What You Should Know About Baby Shade & Beach Tent For Babies.
- 2 Buying Guide For The Best Beach Tent For Baby Uv Protection.
- 3 1. Lightspeed Quick Cabana Kids Beach Tent.
- 3.1 2. Coleman Compact Shade Shelter Baby Beach Tent.
- 3.2 3. One Touch Tent for Babies.
- 3.3 4. Schylling Infant Uv Play Shade.
- 3.4 5. Sunsmart Baby Beach Tent Canopy.
- 3.5 6. Pacific Play Tents Lil Nursery Tent for Kids.
- 3.6 7. Genji Sports Pop Up Family Beach Tent & Beach Sun Shelter.
- 3.7 8. Shade Shack Instant Pop Up.
- 4 Other Useful Beach Accessories That You Might Need For An Awesome Experience;
- 5 So, which are the Best Baby Beach Tents?
Table of Contents
What You Should Know About Baby Shade & Beach Tent For Babies.
There’s no doubt; summer is around the corner so your desire to take your kids to the beach must be growing big.
Certainly, you need to stock up some few items (water toys, towels, sunscreen, etc.) to make the experience full of fun.
Believe me that it won’t turn out well without knowing the best way to shield your baby from the hot sun.
Of course, you don’t want your kid to bake in the sun out there, and that’s where the idea of beach shade for babies chips in.
Other than this, what else makes a baby beach tent important?
- Additional privacy, a beach tent will allow you to relax as a family or a group of friends. Least to forget, you can change in and out of swimmers without wrestling with beach towels.
- Food and other valuables are protected from sun and sand.
- Safety, your valuables are shielded from prying eyes.
- Maximum protection from elements (wind, rain, showers, etc.)
Our markets offer different choices, but the following are the common types of beach tents.
- Pop-up Beach Tents.
This type can transform from a small pile of tarpaulin into a temporally family shelter with a single and effortless motion.
These pop-up types are easy and quick to set up. There are designed to be lightweight, and therefore, they’re light to carry around.
2. Cabana Beach Tents.
They’re designed to offer shade to the entire family while offering everyone a clear view of ocean beauty as its open on one side. These models are highly convenient and self-erecting.
Privacy is enhanced as they can be zipped up. More so, they offer extra protection from the sun, thanks to its SPF coating.
3. Canopy Tents.
These types are ideal for camping trips and festivals. The canopy type is designed for at least two people. They’re also easy to set up.
4. Baby Beach Tents.
They are convenient for small children and babies. They offer shade and shelter for a baby on a beach, park or the living room as a playing place.
Buying Guide For The Best Beach Tent For Baby Uv Protection.
Consumers have spoken, everyone need a beach tent for baby that will work best for their needs. But, not all beach tents are created equal.
And with so many options on the market and the ever-changing models, finding the best beach tent for your baby can be a real struggle.
Nevertheless, the last thing you want to do is to waste your money on a beach shade for kids that you’re not happy with.
Consider the following;
- Size; think about its capacity, how many adults and children can fit in whether standing up or sitting?
- Material; not all tents for kids come with UPF protection; this may expose your baby to the sun. Make sure the unit is UPF-guaranteed.
- Ease of use; no one wants a complicated beach tent. Therefore, consider how portable the unit from the car to whatever destination you want is. Also, ask yourself, how easy? How quick? Is it to set up this unit?
- Style; Beach tents come in all sorts of designs, based on your preference choose the design that suits your tastes.
- Safety; Safety is the number one priority for every parent. So look for a beach tent that is stable enough to withstand breezes. Make sure the unit is well ventilated to prevent suffocation your baby.
- Colour; while beach tents come in different colours. Brightly coloured beach tents are much better as they reflect lots of sunshine. This prevents overheating inside the tent.
As we come to the end of our guide, we now believe that we’ve set you ready for the beach.
Now See best baby beach tent reviews and choose one that meets your needs.
1. Lightspeed Quick Cabana Kids Beach Tent.
This is one in all beach tent which can be used by the whole family. This is truly a family beach tent that will provide shade for everyone.
It has a capacity of 4 adult people, which means you can easily fit younger children than 4 in the cabana tent.
The tent measures 96″ x 54″ x 48″ and is big enough for several kids and even adults to be inside the tent in the shaded area.
The cabana offers 3 large roll up windows so not only will you get air ventilation in the front but also through the sides and back if you want.
You can even set chairs up inside the cabana and be comfortable sitting down inside with plenty of room while your baby plays behind you in the tent area.
There are sand pockets on the outside of the tent to provide stability and keep the tent grounded.
With this tent, you don’t have to bring a tent for each baby or carry a beach umbrella for yourself. This gives you an all-in-one option for both babies, kids, and adults.
This tent can also be used on the backyard and the park as well.
You May Like: Best Soda Maker Machine.
2. Coleman Compact Shade Shelter Baby Beach Tent.
This is a great option for a young child or a baby at the beach. Although it’s not specifically designed to use for just babies, the Coleman Compact Shade Shelter Tent provides an excellent amount of protection for an entire small family to avoid the sun.
This is one is quite a bit bigger so that it can fit multiple kids inside and you can even set up some chairs over the overhang part so mom and dad can get some shade as well.
The total size of this beach tent is 7.5 feet by 4.5 feet. It has two zippered doors that can be completely shut or you can leave one or both of them open for some ventilation inside.
This baby tent for beach is nice if you want a space were you can have some privacy to do things like change, change diapers, or breastfeed.
It is large enough that an adult can knee inside the tent comfortably as the center height is 57″.
Blocks out powerful ultraviolet rays without effort. In fact, it’s SPF 50+ which is one of the strongest sunlight blockers available.
You can easily close up both doors and just leave a small space open for ventilation so your baby will be protected the whole time from the sun.
Comes included with a carry bag, which is a nice added bonus as well. This tent will easily fit into your suitcase for vacation.
There is a floor mat provided as well as extra-long stakes and sandbags so that you can make sure even in windy conditions your tent stays in place on the sand.
This tent is big enough that this would also work nice for picnics or even for kids to play with in the backyard as well.
It does come in multiple colours, green (shown above), pink, orange, and blue/lime.
Coleman Beach Shade Review/Setup
Related Posts: Best Cabin Tent for Your Family
3. One Touch Tent for Babies.
With the rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from Amazon customers, this baby tent for beach will not fail to impress you and your kids.
Easy to set up, simply remove from carry bag, unfold tent and then lift up and with just one touch and the tent is set up.
It is made of premium quality fabric which has UV protection of SPF 30 and the floor is water resistant.
It has a centre height of 45.5 inches and the tunnel port comes with roll-up flap.
Due to the engineering of this ultra-high quality tent, it has the structural stability to withstand wind.
4. Schylling Infant Uv Play Shade.
This particular beach shade for babies offers the highest UPF rating available right now at 50+ UPF, Schylling Infant UV Play Shade is a popular choice for parents who want the most protection possible from the sun.
Made out of durable and lightweight polyester that’s waterproof to keep out rain or other small drops of moisture that may pose a threat to your baby
This baby sun shade tent has a bottom on the inside so your little one stays away from the sand.
Comes included with hold down pegs for keeping it in position once it’s set up. Also, it comes with a small bag to keep it in when transporting it or while it’s not in use.
There is enough room for an adult to get into the tent and help the child. There have been plenty of people who have used this tent and remarked that they had no problem sitting in the tent with their child.
It also has a window on the back for air flow into the tent so your little one doesn’t get overheated.
5. Sunsmart Baby Beach Tent Canopy.
The Sunsmart Baby Beach Tent Canopy is a great way to expose your little one to the great outdoors without exposing him to too much sunshine.
It’s great for families who don’t want to fuss with full-sized beach sun shade.
Features of the Sunsmart Baby Beach Tent Canopy
The tent is completely portable. It can fold down small enough to fit into a beach bag, and it weighs next to nothing.
UV resistant shade helps keep baby shaded and protected from the sun’s most harmful rays
Attached toys can be switched out to keep baby interested
Easy clean material on the bottom is simple to shake sand off of when it’s time to pack up and go home
- Made of durable materials so it will last for many trips to the beach
- Mat is waterproof so you can set baby on wet sand without having water leak up through the mat
- An affordable option for a short vacation to the beach
- According to baby tent for beach reviews, the Sunsmart baby shade tent Canopy is not large enough to offer privacy for feeding or changing a baby.
- However, if you know what you’re getting and understand that you’re going to end up with a very compact way to shade baby from the sun, it’s definitely a great idea.
6. Pacific Play Tents Lil Nursery Tent for Kids.
Pacific Play Tents Lil Nursery Tent is one of the best beach tents for kids that is basic, portable, and affordable,
Featuring a roll-down mesh door on the front and a Velcro enclosure system, you and keep out small bugs and gnats while protecting your child from the sunlight and heat of summer.
It has a mesh panel on the side to allow for proper ventilation hence promoting fresh circulating air so the heat is never that big of a problem.
The toddler beach tent is made of UV treated material SPF 30 to block ultra-violet rays from the sun that may harm the baby.
Comes in a durable design made with a polyethylene floor that’s easy to clean and completely waterproof.
Comes included with a carrying bag for easy transportation.
It only weighs about 2 lbs.
7. Genji Sports Pop Up Family Beach Tent & Beach Sun Shelter.
If you are looking for a baby tent for beach that provides plenty of shade with advanced features that are designed to make your beach time experience more enjoyable, Pop Up Family Beach Tent by Genji Sports is a great choice for you.
This is a self-expanded Beach Sun shelter tent. It Auto pop open in one second, and is easily folded down in 3 seconds.
It is packed in a 22-Inch carrying shoulder bag. Light weigh, easy to carry, suitable for beach, park and outdoor activities.
Incredibly durable construction made out of T190 UV Protected Nylon with a rating of 50+ UPF.
Comes with a carrying case that has a shoulder strap for easy carrying and compact transportation with excellent portability.
Has two large side screen windows allow more fresh air to breezes through, both windows come with roll up cover.
Comes included with 4 stakes for holding it in position on the ground as well as a sand bag pocket on each side panel.
A very nice feature to have if the beach you plan on visiting is notoriously windy.
Unlike most tents, this one is built with flame resistance Nylon that meets CPAI-84 Standard for fire safety
Steel beam frame to provide a sturdy architecture that can withstand wind and other harsh elements.
8. Shade Shack Instant Pop Up.
This is probably one of the easiest baby beach shade to use. The Shade Shack Beach Tent is the Perfect for the beach, backyard, parks or picnics.
It provides a unique pop up design can be set up and stowed in a matter of seconds
Comes in large size of 90 inches x 53 inches x 51 inches to provide plenty of shelter for the entire family and all of your beach accessories and toys.
Made of zinc coated polyester material that offers ultra violet protection factor of 30+, blocking over 96% of harmful ultraviolet rays.
Very lightweight makes it easy to carry and bring it along with you wherever you go. It has a shoulder sling when it’s folded up to make carrying it a bit easier.
Shade Shack Beach Tent video review
Other Useful Beach Accessories That You Might Need For An Awesome Experience;
a. Sand Escape Compact Outdoor Beach Blanket
Perfect blanket for beach camping which is lightweight, breathable, durable and sand free.
b. Camco 42805 60″ x 78″ Handy Mat with Strap.
Perfect mat for the beach which is weather proof and mildew resistant.
It has inbuilt handles for easy carrying and convenient pockets on both sides.
It’s large enough to accommodate your family.
c. Wanderluxe Microfiber Travel Towel Perfect for Beach.
High quality microfiber towel with luxurious softness, maximum absorption and fast drying capacity.
So, which are the Best Baby Beach Tents?
There are all kinds of different tents that can be used at the beach from small little tents just for a baby to larger all-encompassing tents that the whole family
Infant beach tents is just what the name implies – a small tent that provides shade for your baby/children.
Some of the larger models work very well for toddlers and can provide protection for more than one child at a time.
All beach tents are different, so there are some features that you need to look for, in order to adequately protect baby from the sun.
beach tent for baby uv protection should be used to protect baby from the sun, wind, and sand, and shouldn’t be used as a toy, or for any other reason.
When looking for the best baby beach tent for your child/children, you should keep an eye out for a few important features:
- A best tent for beach should be lightweight and easy to carry
- Best beach shade for babies should also have complete 100% protection from the sun, so the material on all sides and the top should have a protective coating that will keep all rays from getting to baby
- beach tents for kids should be easy to put up and take down
- A Toddler beach tent should be stable enough to withstand breezes
- A best baby beach tent should ideally have a floor. This protects the infant from the sand as it can get into her eyes and mouth.
- The tent should include a high UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor)
- You should make sure there is good air circulation (this is specifically for infant tents)
I believe this beach tent for baby uv protection post will go a long way in helping you settle for the ultimate beach tent for your baby.